Renting a virtual office space in Mississauga is a vastly distinct concept than hiring a virtual assistant. The former offers comprehensive services such as access to a physical office space, meeting rooms, conference areas, and use of technological devices whenever you need it. The latter, on the other hand, works from a remote location and mostly just handles the administrative aspects of your business and any other assigned tasks. It’s up to you as the business owner to determine which option is more suitable and beneficial to your company based on the requirements of your business and your general business practices.
What Is a Virtual Assistant?
A virtual assistant is someone who works from remote locations either in the comfort of their own home or a public location of their choosing to complete either administrative or other important tasks for your business. You can hire this person either as a full-time employee or as a freelancer depending on the nature and amount of work that needs to be completed.
What Does a Virtual Assistant Do?
Aside from the usual administrative work, virtual assistants can pretty much do anything that’s required of them. They can take phone calls on your behalf, relay messages, respond to e-mails and online customer inquiries, and they can even manage your web site and online marketing strategies for you in a professional manner. All of these tasks can be completed from the comfort of their own homes or any other preferred location and your customers will usually be none the wiser.
However, there are certain pitfalls involved in hiring a virtual assistant. The most obvious one is that virtual assistants don’t come with the added bonus of having a virtual office address, which can be disconcerting to your more astute customers who might take the time to research the location of your business. Customers like to see a legitimate physical location affiliated with any company they conduct business with, especially in light of all of the Internet scams that have surfaced over the years. It gives them peace of mind to know that there are real people working from brick-and-mortar headquarters taking care of their needs. That’s where renting a virtual office space in Mississauga can propel your business over the top.
What Are the Pros and Cons of a Virtual Office?
There are many advantages and disadvantages to renting a virtual office space.
- A physical address you can access anytime you want for client meetings, interviews with prospective employees, office meetings or gatherings, etc.
- A physical mailing address complete with a responsible administrative staff to sign for packages and receive letters or invoices
- A custom phone line for your business that allows you to take calls from remote locations as if you were in the office
- Full-service IT crew and access to various office technological staples such as desktop or laptop computers, phone conferencing systems, whiteboards, intercoms, etc.
- A Wi-Fi network connection included in your rental package
- Being able to work from anywhere in the world
- Not being able to completely oversee everything that goes on when you’re not in the office (but this is common for any business person who does a great deal of traveling)
- Having to get creative when working remotely on your laptop
- Not always having ideal working environments at your disposal when working remotely
As you can see, the pros outweigh the cons when it comes to renting a virtual office space in Mississauga. Not only do you get all of the same benefits as purchasing an office space, but you also get a virtual business address in Mississauga that allows you to come and go as you please.
When you rent an office space from Innovative Professional Offices, we’ll make it our personal goal to ensure that your office space has everything you need to help your business succeed. We offer completely flexible and customizable rental packages, and our office spaces come fully-furnished to suit your business’s image perfectly. We cater to locations all across Ontario including Mississauga, Toronto, Brampton, and Ottawa.To book a consultation with us, please contact us.
Latest posts by Pat Fernandes (see all)
- How to Determine the Right Office Space Rental Size for Your Business - June 29, 2018
- Renting Office or Retail Space for Business - June 29, 2018
- Why Rent Onsite Meeting Rooms in Ottawa - June 21, 2018